Marketing & Executive Assistant
Currie Support Services | Difficult Happens is a leadership coaching firm focused on empowering & encouraging women in stressful fields to combat manipulative, dysfunctional, divisive behavior.
We do this through online coaching programs, group training, retreats, a podcast, an email newsletter, and social media.
We are looking for an amazing Social Media Marketing & Executive Assistant to support our CEO and make her life easier!
This is a part-time role that reports directly to our CEO (5-10 hours a week to start) for the first few months, increasing from there as the business grows. This is a remote, work-from-home position with occasional in-person meetings.
It would be great if you are in the Tri-Cities, Wa area, and it’s a bonus if you live within 60 minutes driving distance of Richland, Wa (Queensgate), however, it is not mandatory.
Humor, kindness, expertise, integrity, equality, inclusion, honesty, transparency, loyalty, accountability, self-awareness.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Expectations
- Assistant to the CEO
- Support the CEO in executing her vision and growing the business.
- Help the CEO complete the items on her personal and business to-do lists.
- Assemble data/reports for the CEO to review on a regular basis.
- Assist with client on-boarding (prepare documents, communicate with the client, follow-up as needed, etc.).
- Assist in the management of the creation, implementation, and support for policies, processes, and documentation.
- Assist in the creation & scheduling of podcast, articles & programs marketing material.
- Ability to navigate the various software and online tools we use.
- Other items and tasks as needed.
- Listen to the weekly Difficult Happens podcast.
- Deliver ahead of deadlines.
- Display a great, positive attitude, and open to feedback and suggestions.
- Pivot quickly and regularly communicate the status of projects.
Our marketing & Executive Assistant will likely possess the following:
- At least two years of experience working with Social Media platforms and creation of marketing material.
- High-level communication skills, including excellent spelling and grammar.
- Able to consistently understand the intent and vision of the CEO, work as a sounding board for the CEO.
- Ability to set goals and develop achievable timelines to hit them.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload of self.
- Critical thinking, analytical, & problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with the software and tools we use, (or a desire and ability to learn) including but not limited to: Canva, Zoom, ActiveCampaign, Smarterqueue, WordPress (basic), Apple Keynote & or PowerPoint, Google Docs, Dropbox, Trello, Loom, Voxer.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at any one time.
- Operate in a fast-moving environment and adhere to deadlines while producing high-quality work.
- A quiet homework environment, including:
- A computer (Mac preferred)
- Cell phone
- High-speed internet
What Your Executive Assistant Duties May Look Like in a Typical Week
- Create and schedule promotional material for a weekly podcast.
- Create and schedule weekly newsletter.
- Assist in creating marketing material for, and promoting programs.
- Maintain the businesses social media – Instagram, Facebook business page & group, LinkedIn posts, (through the SmarterQueue software)
- Bi-weekly check-ins and tracking progress on weekdays with the CEO.
- Respond to Voxer messages from the CEO and take appropriate action.
- Assist with scheduling interviews, training, client sessions, etc.
- Onboard new clients (Send work agreement, Google Drive folder, Trello board, email communication, etc.).
- Track metrics and present them to our CEO.
- Update our CRM system to track prospects and clients.
- Track ideas and projects for the CEO.
This Position Is Not Right For You If You Are…
- Someone who hasn’t read a business or marketing book or listened to a podcast or watched a webinar. A passion for business and personal growth is essential and we all strive for personal and professional growth at every turn.
- Someone who has a lot going on already and doesn’t have the time and focus to really dive in.
- Someone who prefers to be front-facing in the business.
- Someone who doesn’t like to learn new programs.
- Someone who doesn’t work well with technology.
This Role Is Perfect For You If You…
- Love a challenge and are resourceful when it comes to figuring things out and making them happen.
- Can work alone and don’t need your handheld every step of the way.
- Have exceptional communication skills.
- Love to learn new skills.
- Are super organized but can move quickly to ensure things get done effectively and efficiently.
- Can handle direct feedback.
Compensation = $15-$20/hour
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please send an email to Lara@difficulthappens.com with the following details:
- Why we should hire you (a paragraph or so about your experience)
- Your LinkedIn profile or resume (PDF)
- Your phone number
- Where you live (city/state/time zone)
- Optional: A short video (under 2 minutes) about why you’re excited about this position
- Subject line: “Marketing & Executive Assistant position”
We will be reviewing applications and scheduling interviews as they come in.
Special thanks to Speaking Your Brand & Hello 7 for the basis of this awesome job description
GIFT IN EVERY EMOTION
Join me and receive this FREE online video series on the secret gifts of your emotions.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Get my 10 best tips on how to deal with people & sticky situations!
Get tons of tips on dealing with difficult people, having tough conversations, and navigating conflict.
Take the guesswork out of how to respond to rude, manipulative or just plain dysfunctional people
Take control of the situation so that you don’t get caught up reacting instead of responding
Know what to say - when you don’t know what to say