99 Say This not That
Subscribe to the Podcast!
“You are a master to the words you don’t say and a slave to the ones you do.”
Touchy conversations can be a minefield to navigate, so how do you decide what to say and when to say it?
Sometimes we respond out of habit, without thinking through what we are saying. What we choose to say, and when we choose to say it has everything to do with our experiences, our expectations, and our assumptions.
And You know what my Dad used to say about AssUmptions?…
In this episode, we take a look at 5 things to STOP saying, and what you should say instead. As a BONUS, I tell you how to turn the conversation around when these words or phrases are being used “AT” you, so you will know what to say when your buttons are pushed.
What you’ll hear in this podcast:
- Stop Shoulding on yourself
- Always is a word that is Never true – the use of Emphaticals in conversation
- I hear what you are saying BUT… How the word but is really a dismissal
- It has always been done this way – and other useless phrases
- How you hear is just as important as how you speak
- Excuses, excuses and other things we don’t care about
- Why his Drama is an inconvenience
Work with Lara
Got a Question? Comment? Email Support@laracurrie.com
Show Intro music is Whispering Through by Asura
Listen for free on the go with any one of these players for both Android & iPhone
Get my 10 best tips on how to deal with people & sticky situations!
Get tons of tips on dealing with difficult people, having tough conversations, and navigating conflict.
Take the guesswork out of how to respond to rude, manipulative or just plain dysfunctional people
Take control of the situation so that you don’t get caught up reacting instead of responding
Know what to say - when you don’t know what to say