91: Awkward Conversations – a Survivor Guide
Subscribe to the Podcast!
Shorter days, colder nights and seasonal celebrations abound, welcome to trigger-season.
This is the season of gathering & celebrating. There are family functions, social get-togethers, and work parties to attend.
Along with that, there are inevitable assumptions about how everything will turn out and expectations of how we want things to go.
To go into this season prepared we here at Difficult Happens have you covered, in this week’s episode I give you concrete steps that you can take to prepare for and navigate through, this trigger-season.
What you’ll hear in this podcast:
- How the holidays & weather impact interactions
- Why winter is “trigger-season”
- Our conscious & subconscious brains in action
- Family conversations & expectations
- The work party a petre dish of awkward conversations
- The conflict loop
- What assumptions, judgments, expectations, and reactions have to do with your communication
- How our family of origin informs our triggers
- What a triggered reaction is
- What to do before during and after this season
Work with Lara
Apply for an On-air Coaching Call!
Got a Question? Comment? Email Support@laracurrie.com
Difficult Happens by Lara Currie
The Secret Gift in Every Emotion
Your Conflict Personality Type
Assessments in all their glory
How to Combat Manipulative Behavior
Mentioned in this episode:
Podcast Series on Manipulation
Perfectionist Principle Masterclass
Show Intro music is Whispering Through by Asura
Listen for free on the go with any one of these players for both Android & iPhone
Get my 10 best tips on how to deal with people & sticky situations!
Get tons of tips on dealing with difficult people, having tough conversations, and navigating conflict.
Take the guesswork out of how to respond to rude, manipulative or just plain dysfunctional people
Take control of the situation so that you don’t get caught up reacting instead of responding
Know what to say - when you don’t know what to say