85: When Women are Mean to Women
Subscribe to the Podcast!
Rudeness is rudeness. When women are mean to each other, especially in a professional setting, it feels especially icky, like a betrayal. It feeds into the worst stereotypes about women as being shrews, b*tch3s, and queen bees. Why is this behavior still so pervasive?
In today’s show, we dive into what’s behind this behavior and what you can do about it. The tactics discussed can be implemented in any situation where people are using negative communication patterns like mockery, belittling speech, isolating physicality (cutting you out) or being just plain rude.
Women are powerful when we unite and work together lifting each other up, nothing can get in our way.
What you’ll hear in this podcast:
- Ways that women treat each-other
- Why women display this behavior
- What does it look like
- What does this behavior have to do with history
- What is a scarcity mindset
- How the glass ceiling plays in
- Middle school modeling
- How power plays in
- Stereotypes about women & menses
- Irrational sexism
- Projection and low self-esteem
- Millennials impact on female relationships
- How the generations act differently than one-other
- Standing on the shoulders of greatness, how things have changed for women in the workplace
- How to change the narrative
- Supporting one another
- How work impacts life and life impacts work
Work with Lara
Difficult Happens by Lara Currie
Karla McLaren The Language of Emotions
73: Passive Aggressive Behavior & How to Combat It
74: The Godfathers of Manipulation; Blame Shifting & Gaslighting
75: 3 Distraction Techniques Manipulators Use & How to Combat Them
76: Emotional Manipulation & What to do about it
77: Boundaries & the Extinction Burst Behavior of Manipulative People
The Conflict Personality-Types
The Secret Gift in Every Emotion
Show Intro music is Whispering Through by Asura
Listen for free on the go with any one of these players for both Android & iPhone
Get my 10 best tips on how to deal with people & sticky situations!
Get tons of tips on dealing with difficult people, having tough conversations, and navigating conflict.
Take the guesswork out of how to respond to rude, manipulative or just plain dysfunctional people
Take control of the situation so that you don’t get caught up reacting instead of responding
Know what to say - when you don’t know what to say