79: Shame, Judgment, Resilience & Ramblings with One Broken Mom part 1
Subscribe to the Podcast!
Our lives don’t always turn out as we expected.
With courage to explore personal development and the “why” around our behavior, expectations and struggles your life can turn out even better than you had hoped.
As Ernest Hemingway said;
The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places.
Whenever you put yourself out there in any way, no matter the setting, you open yourself up to judgment from others. So what do you do about it? How do you gain resilience during those tough times and what does resilience look like?
In today’s episode Ameé Quiriconi from the “One Broken Mom” podcast joins me to dive into the topic of dysfunction, trauma, expectations, shame, judgment and so much more, this is a two-part interview that you don’t want to miss.
What you’ll hear in this podcast:
- How dysfunction impacts you
- Why Childhood trauma informs the way you communicate
- How natural consequences benefit us
- Why there is an epidemic of the “Parentification of children”
- The Fight flight or freeze response and how it can manifest in strange ways like checking out & overworking
- What judgment really is
- How assumptions can alter your perception
- How your ‘library of information’ filters your perception of what is happening
- When Nervous system on autopilot – how to respond, not react
- What is a Trigger, and a triggered reaction
- Why if someones ‘door is closed’ you cannot change them
- You can be a ninja, block, delete, ignore
- Why motherhood felt foreign to Ameeé and what she did about it
- Exercising compassion
- Having empathy and compassion does not mean you have to tolerate bad behavior
- Some Gramma Tiny wisdom
- Why feeling shame is okay
- How we can attract dysfunction when we are not aware
- Why anger may be a mask emotion
- The role of creating safety
- How your personal life impacts your work life
- Why your body knows what your conscious mind doesn’t
- Why Entrepreneurs are a special breed
- What is resiliency
- The real problem in corporations is zero self-awareness
- External vs internal expressions of your conflict personality type
Work with Lara
Apply for an On-air Coaching Call!
Got a Question? Comment? Email Lara
Difficult Happens by Lara Currie
Karla McLaren The Language of Emotions
73: Passive Aggressive Behavior & How to Combat It
74: The Godfathers of Manipulation; Blame Shifting & Gaslighting
75: 3 Distraction Techniques Manipulators Use & How to Combat Them
76: Emotional Manipulation & What to do about it
77: Boundaries & the Extinction Burst Behavior of Manipulative People
The Conflict Personality-Types
The Secret Gift in Every Emotion
Dr Kirk Honda Psychology in Seattle
Dialectical Behavior Therapy DBT
Show Intro music is Whispering Through by Asura
Listen for free on the go with any one of these players for both Android & iPhone
Get my 10 best tips on how to deal with people & sticky situations!
Get tons of tips on dealing with difficult people, having tough conversations, and navigating conflict.
Take the guesswork out of how to respond to rude, manipulative or just plain dysfunctional people
Take control of the situation so that you don’t get caught up reacting instead of responding
Know what to say - when you don’t know what to say