78 How to Say NO and Mean It
Subscribe to the Podcast!
Why is it so hard to say no sometimes? Saying no can be especially difficult when you have the conflict personality-type of a Perfectionist, let’s face it, you are very capable and you want things done right. It doesn’t feel like it would take you long.
Constantly saying yes, can lead to “yes fatigue”, but in order to know when and how to say NO, you need to know what the 5 Types of No are so that you aren’t caught off guard and answer with a reflexive Yes.
It’s not reasonable to say NO to all things just like it is untenable to say YES to all things, in today’s episode we dive into those five types of NO and get you confident to be able to say NO and Mean IT.
What you’ll hear in this podcast:
- There are 4 Conflict Personality-types
- Why is it so hard for a perfectionist to say no
- How competence gets in your way
- Fear of disappointing others
- Natural consequences & interference
- How there is no such thing as a bad hire
- What 100% accountability has to do with it
- How manipulators can persuade a perfectionist
- The difference between the incompetent, the lazy and the manipulator
- The 5 types of NO
- Respecting your time
- Those shades of grey and how they impact your decision
- Women & apologizing
- Your ‘no’ when someone is struggling
- How to say No and mean it
Work with Lara
Work with Lara
Got a Question? Comment? Email Lara
Show Intro music is Whispering Through by Asura
GIFT IN EVERY EMOTION
Join me and receive this FREE online video series on the secret gifts of your emotions.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Get my 10 best tips on how to deal with people & sticky situations!
Get tons of tips on dealing with difficult people, having tough conversations, and navigating conflict.
Take the guesswork out of how to respond to rude, manipulative or just plain dysfunctional people
Take control of the situation so that you don’t get caught up reacting instead of responding
Know what to say - when you don’t know what to say