76: Emotional Manipulation & What to do about it
Subscribe to the Podcast!
Emotions are a powerful thing, they can motivate us into action, fill us with warm flush feelings of love & adoration, trigger our fight, flight or freeze response before we are aware of it and they have the ability to change our bodies chemistry.
Manipulators, bully’s and dysfunctional people know the power of emotions. They are very intuitive when it comes to what you are insecure about and they will use your insecurities to pull an emotion from you in order to control you, change the narrative, or make you look bad in order to get what they want.
In today’s episode we continue our series on the most common forms of ‘opposer-strategies’ that manipulative & dysfunctional people use to get their way, define the narrative or elicit a response from you. In particular the three main emotions of Shame, Fear & Anger
We have all experienced an abundance of an emotion, heck, teenagers live it every day. When your emotions are pulled from you while your subconscious is in charge it can impact your self-esteem and reputation. Learn 4 main things that you can do to combat this and respond instead of react.
What you’ll hear in this podcast:
- What the 6 main emotions are
- The 3 main emotions that manipulators pull from you
- What manipulators want from you
- What a mask emotion is
- Why a mask emotion shows up
- Why an opposer-strategy works
- Which emotions are the most powerful
- How our body reacts to emotions
- What the purpose of these emotions really is
- What a comfort emotion is
- How your emotional desire path may be tricking you
- The power of Calm
- How to wake the conscious mind
- How to check-the-facts
- Your tolerance-battery & what depletes it
- Work with LaraApply for an On-air Coaching Call!Free Breakthrough AssessmentGot a Question? Comment? Email Lara
Show Intro music is Whispering Through by Asura
Listen for free on the go with any one of these players for both Android & iPhone
GIFT IN EVERY EMOTION
Join me and receive this FREE online video series on the secret gifts of your emotions.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Get my 10 best tips on how to deal with people & sticky situations!
Get tons of tips on dealing with difficult people, having tough conversations, and navigating conflict.
Take the guesswork out of how to respond to rude, manipulative or just plain dysfunctional people
Take control of the situation so that you don’t get caught up reacting instead of responding
Know what to say - when you don’t know what to say