75: 3 Distraction Techniques Manipulators use and How to Combat them
Subscribe to the Podcast!
- Have you ever been talking with someone about one topic, and before you know what’s happened you find yourself in a completely different conversation defending some previous action or statement unsure of how you got there? You, my friend, have fallen prey to a manipulators distraction technique.In today’s episode, we look at the most common forms of ‘opposer-strategies’ that manipulative & dysfunctional people use to get their way, define the narrative or elicit a response from you.We have all experienced them, now you will have the skills to combat them.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- What causes that sudden feeling of defensiveness
- Why you are not crazy – you are just being manipulated
- How meaning can come at you sideways
- Why these distractions are so effective
- The correlation between manipulation & dysfunction
- How your own self-image can be fodder for these tactics
- How the grain of truth will impact you to react
- Why your mom was right
- How these combat strategies should be used in different situations
- Work with Lara Apply for an On-air Coaching Call!
Got a Question? Comment? Email Lara
Show Intro music is Whispering Through by Asura
Listen for free on the go with any one of these players for both Android & iPhone
GIFT IN EVERY EMOTION
Join me and receive this FREE online video series on the secret gifts of your emotions.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Get my 10 best tips on how to deal with people & sticky situations!
Get tons of tips on dealing with difficult people, having tough conversations, and navigating conflict.
Take the guesswork out of how to respond to rude, manipulative or just plain dysfunctional people
Take control of the situation so that you don’t get caught up reacting instead of responding
Know what to say - when you don’t know what to say