64: When Women Bully Women
Subscribe to the Podcast!
When I say most women know what it’s like to experience bullying by another woman in the workplace, I’m not kidding.
In fact, a study has shown that 95% of women feel they have been undermined by another woman in the workplace (Drexler, 2013).
And it’s having a drastic impact on women’s professional growth.
There’s all kind of ways that bullying in the workplace can take place, whether it be covert or overt. From being called names to being kept out of the loop, Gossiping or shutting you down verbally.
It comes in many forms, that are both destructive and toxic – and it needs to stop.
We’re going to look at what female bullying looks like, how it’s impacting women and things you can do if it’s happening in your workplace.
What you’ll hear in this podcast:
- What female bullying looks like and how much it’s affecting your professional growth
- 6 Things you can do if bullying is happening in your workplace
- How labels are used to dismiss or sway opinions about others
- Statistics around women sabotaging other women’s success
- What is bully behavior, what does it look like and how does it play out?
- Covert ways a bully works
Work with Lara
Got a Question? Comment? Email Lara
Show Intro music is Whispering Through by Asura
Listen for free on the go with any one of these players for both Android & iPhone
Get my 10 best tips on how to deal with people & sticky situations!
Get tons of tips on dealing with difficult people, having tough conversations, and navigating conflict.
Take the guesswork out of how to respond to rude, manipulative or just plain dysfunctional people
Take control of the situation so that you don’t get caught up reacting instead of responding
Know what to say - when you don’t know what to say