46 The Hard Thing About Hard Things
Subscribe to the Podcast!
Do you dread the hard things? No one really looks forward to difficult things, but do you dread them? The hard things in life are where we learn our greatest lessons, and we need them in order to learn and grow as people. Without them, we stay stagnant and complacent with the same old, same old.
Of course, with everything, it’s all about balance and figuring out when you need to lean into the hard things and when you need to step away and take a deep breath. In today’s episode, we talk about some lessons learned the hard way, and how to get the most out of those situations so that you can move forward with progress instead of continuing to repeat the same mistakes over and over again.
What you’ll hear in this podcast:
- How uncomfortable conversations can help you
- Ways to use overwhelm and procrastination to your advantage
- Why people use mockery and ridicule to motivate others
- How to handle people who are selfish or self-serving
- Why people take what you are willing to give
- How to understand the purpose of a life lesson
- What to do to discover your most important lessons
- How to not embrace all the hard stuff, all the time
- Ways to build resilience to help navigate the hard stuff
Work with Lara
Buy the Book –
Show Intro music is Whispering Through by Asura
Get my 10 best tips on how to deal with people & sticky situations!
Get tons of tips on dealing with difficult people, having tough conversations, and navigating conflict.
Take the guesswork out of how to respond to rude, manipulative or just plain dysfunctional people
Take control of the situation so that you don’t get caught up reacting instead of responding
Know what to say - when you don’t know what to say