40: The Enneagram
Subscribe to the Podcast!
Assessing the Assessments with Teresa McCloy
Assessments and personality tests and modalities oh my! When it comes to ways to qualify traits there is no shortage of tests out there, strengths assessments, Personality tests, relational assessments, skin/hair/muscle/fat assessments, the list goes on and on.
An assessment is a tool, and as with all tools, it is how you use them that is important. On ep 37 we took a look at the KOLBE assessment, last week on episode 39 we dove into the DISC & the Generation 2 DISC, today it is the Enneagram’s turn.
In order to be an effective leader, you need professional development, I believe that you need personal development just as much, if not more, than traditional professional development. When you explore the two in combination you become a well-rounded emotionally intelligent leader and person.
What you’ll hear in this podcast:
- What is the Enneagram
- Is the Enneagram an assessment or a personality test?
- The benefit of this assessment
- The limitations of this assessment
- How the Enneagram impacts personal relationships
- How the Enneagram impacts personal growth
- The importance of exploring your different “types”
- Using the Enneagram to get unstuck
- What is the Narrative tradition of this assessment
- How your head, heart & body can be at odds and how to bring them into alignment
- What are the IQ, EQ & GQ
Work with Lara
Buy the Book –
Episode 37: The KOLBE – Assessing the Assessments with Andrea MacKenzie
Episode 39: The DISC – Assessing the Assessments with Denise Myers & Jamie Gairo
On-Air Coaching Calls;
Show Intro music is Whispering Through by Asura
Get my 10 best tips on how to deal with people & sticky situations!
Get tons of tips on dealing with difficult people, having tough conversations, and navigating conflict.
Take the guesswork out of how to respond to rude, manipulative or just plain dysfunctional people
Take control of the situation so that you don’t get caught up reacting instead of responding
Know what to say - when you don’t know what to say