39: The DISC
Subscribe to the Podcast!
Assessing the Assessments with Denise Myers & Jamie Gairo
In order to be an effective leader, you need professional development, I believe that you also need personal development just as much, if not more, than traditional professional development. I know many great leaders who have used their personal development growth to impact teams & businesses.
When it comes to assessments there is no shortage, love assessments, relational assessments, skin/hair/muscle/fat assessments, the list goes on and on. An assessment is a tool, and as with all tools, it is how you use them that is important. On this week’s episode we explore the DISC & the Generation 2 DISC, to help me do this I enlisted the help of 2 experts, Denise Myers and Jamie Gairo
What you’ll hear in this podcast:
- What is the DISC
- The different types of DISC and what they offer
- The benefit of this assessment
- The limitations of this assessment
- How the DISC has impacted personal relationships
- The importance of finding the right attributes for the job
- Why corporate America is desperate for qualified candidates
- How much the quest for qualified middle management employees cost a business
- How to encourage engagement
- Using assessments to retain employees
- Building a positive company culture with assessments
- Is your employee combative or in the wrong position
- How communication is stunted with apposing DISC modalities
Work with Lara
On-Air Coaching Calls;
Show Intro music is Whispering Through by Asura
GIFT IN EVERY EMOTION
Join me and receive this FREE online video series on the secret gifts of your emotions.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Get my 10 best tips on how to deal with people & sticky situations!
Get tons of tips on dealing with difficult people, having tough conversations, and navigating conflict.
Take the guesswork out of how to respond to rude, manipulative or just plain dysfunctional people
Take control of the situation so that you don’t get caught up reacting instead of responding
Know what to say - when you don’t know what to say