20: Mastering the Art of Conflict – the Victim
Subscribe to the Podcast!
Do you know your conflict personality-type? On today’s episode, we take a look at the victim conflict personality type and how it impacts communication in your business and in your life. Whether you have this conflict personality type or are dealing with one. I give you actionable steps that you can take to help you navigate conflict with this type to save you time, money and energy. Life is stressful enough, and conflict is inevitable, take these skills and tips with you so you can identify, navigate or even avoid a conflict altogether.
What you’ll hear in this podcast:
- There are four conflict personality types, the Pleaser, the Perfectionist, the Avoider and the Victim
- Conflict involves an assumption, a judgment, an expectation a reaction and an emotion
- It takes practice and reflection to master the art of dealing with a conflict personality type especially if it is your own
- Use selective amnesia with a Victim conflict-personality type to move communication forward
- Identify what you can control and what you cannot
- Use curiosity with a Victim conflict-personality type in a non-judgmental way
- Do not deny anyone from suffering natural consequences
- Silence is needed in communicating during a conflict to give time to process and plan
- Curiosity can help work through an avoider’s stance
Show Intro music is Whispering Through by Asura
GIFT IN EVERY EMOTION
Join me and receive this FREE online video series on the secret gifts of your emotions.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Get my 10 best tips on how to deal with people & sticky situations!
Get tons of tips on dealing with difficult people, having tough conversations, and navigating conflict.
Take the guesswork out of how to respond to rude, manipulative or just plain dysfunctional people
Take control of the situation so that you don’t get caught up reacting instead of responding
Know what to say - when you don’t know what to say