18: The Avoider – Mastering the Art of Conflict
Subscribe to the Podcast!
Do you know an avoider? On today’s episode, we dive into how the avoider conflict-personality type impacts communication, your business, and your life so that you can master the art of conflict. It is an art, one that with practice will give you the tools you need to navigate conflict with ease.
For the avoider, obfuscation, retreating and procrastination is their baseline in a conflict.
What you’ll hear in this podcast:
- There are four conflict personality types, the Pleaser, the Perfectionist, the Avoider and the Victim
- Conflict involves an assumption, a judgment, an expectation a reaction and an emotion
- It takes practice and reflection to master the art of dealing with a conflict personality type especially if it is your own
- Use selective amnesia with an avoider to move a project forward
- When in person, talk with an avoider while walking or sitting side to side with an external focus
- Identify what you can control and what you cannot
- Do not deny anyone from suffering natural consequences
- Silence is needed in communicating during a conflict to give time to process and plan
- Curiosity can help work through an avoider’s stance
Show Intro music is Whispering Through by Asura
GIFT IN EVERY EMOTION
Join me and receive this FREE online video series on the secret gifts of your emotions.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Get my 10 best tips on how to deal with people & sticky situations!
Get tons of tips on dealing with difficult people, having tough conversations, and navigating conflict.
Take the guesswork out of how to respond to rude, manipulative or just plain dysfunctional people
Take control of the situation so that you don’t get caught up reacting instead of responding
Know what to say - when you don’t know what to say